The Brolga Theatre is doing everything it can to provide a safe venue free from any health and safety risk including COVID-19. The Brolga is operating under a COVID safe plan and following Queensland Government guidelines. The venue has also opted into both QLD Health approved Queensland Live Performance, Venues/Theatres and Retail Food Services industry plans. A copy of our plan to download can be found on our Resources Page.
We ask you to play your part to keep everyone safe by:
- Purchasing together, to be seated together
- Arrive in your group together and avoid congregating in the foyer
- At time of booking you will be asked to provide full name, phone number and email (or residential address) of each person in your group
- Have your ticket ready for the door keeper to check, either printed or on your phone. Remember to keep your ticket in you hand
- We encourage downloading the COVIDSafe app to keep yourself and others safe. The app is available in App store or Google Play
- When attending these events, you are strongly encouraged to wear a mask when you are not sitting in your allocated seat and it is not possible to physically distance. This could include entering or exiting the venue, leaving your seat to go to the bathroom or purchasing food or drinks.
Check In QLD app
In line with current directions from the Queensland Government from 1 May 2021 all patrons must now use the Check In QLD app when entering the venue. To make entry faster you can download the Check In QLD app and complete your details before your arrival. If you do not have a compatible smart device, our ambassadors will be on hand to check you in.
You can find out more information about the Check in QLD app by clicking here.
Note that all members of your party are required to check in with the Check In QLD app event though we recorded your contact details with your booking for this performance.
Conditions of Entry
- Please do not enter if you are feeling unwell with a cough, sore throat, and shortness of breath or a fever. The venue has the right to refuse entry and must insist anyone with these symptoms leave the premises
- Please do not enter if you have been in a COVID-19 hotspot or overseas in the last 14 days, or have been in close contact with a known active case of COVID-19
- Maintain a social distance of 1.5m at all times.
- Please adhere to the maximum customer capacity limit signs at all times.
- Use hand sanitiser when entering the venue and wash hands frequently
- Please use contactless payment (not cash) where possible.
- Please complete the contract tracing register on arrival - excluding ticket holders.
Additional COVID Terms and Conditions
- When purchasing tickets, patrons agree to provide their contact details, including mobile phone number, email or residential address; and the contact phone number and residential address of accompanying ticket holders.
- These contact details, along with seating allocations, will be kept at the venue for 56 days from the day of the performance.
- Patrons acknowledge the venue may be required by law to provide contact information to public health officers on request.
- The Venue will not share this contact information with any third party other than the relevant health authority, and will not use the information for promotional purposes.
- Patrons must not attend if they have COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive, have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days or are COVID-19 positive.
- Patrons must not attend if they are required to self-isolate and the event falls within the isolation period.
- Patrons agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols.
- Patrons agree to follow the instructions of venue staff at all times.
- If patrons do not comply with protocols or authorised requests when on the venue premises they may be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
- Refunds or exchange of tickets will be available to any customer who is required to self-isolate (due to being a confirmed case or is a close contact of a confirmed case) and the event falls within the isolation period.
- Refunds or exchanges will be available for those customers with COVID symptoms or who have been in contact with another person with COVID symptoms.
- Seating will be allocated by the venue based on the size of the group, time of booking and venue configuration, to allow compliance with current social distancing requirements.
- Disclaimer: Patrons acknowledge that while the venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the venue regarding health outcomes.
If you suspect an infection after attending an event, please contact your doctor or 13HEALTH (13 43 25 84).