John tells and sings his own story from his beginnings as a Scottish immigrant to his legendary status in Aussie music folklore.
From ’70s pop icon to the ARIA Hall of Fame, John Paul Young has become the soundtrack for the ‘Countdown’ generation and beyond. John tells and sings his own story from his beginnings as a Scottish immigrant to his legendary status in Aussie music folklore. With over 4 million album sales worldwide, numerous awards and an induction into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 2009, John Paul Young is recognised as one of the most iconic artists in Australian music’s history. In 2012, John received an Order of Australia (OAM) for his services to charity and the music industry.
From John’s first release with Pasadena, in 1972, he then went on to become the un-official co-presenter alongside Molly Meldrum on ABC TV’s Countdown and to the present day he has been a constant presence on the live music scene, in theatre with roles in the original Jesus Christ Superstar, Shout – The Johnny O’Keefe Story, Leader of the Pack – The Ellie Greenwich Story and most recently, Grease, The Musical. A stint in radio at NEWFM Newcastle saw him top the rating in Breakfast, Mornings and Afternoon timeslots.
The Allstar Band features two of the original members in Warren “The Pig” Morgan who cut his teeth in the original Aztecs and Ronnie “Rockwell T James” Peel, of The Missing Links and La De Das fame. Both have been with John since the beginning and have been joined over the years by Greg Plimmer, Juan Gonzalez and Michael “China” Walker and this outfit has been together since the early 80’s.
- For patrons with mobility difficulties and Companion Card holders please call our Box Office on 07 4122 6060 Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:00pm to enquire or make your booking.
- For the safety of yourself and others the full name is required for each ticket holder at time of purchase. If purchasing your tickets at the door, please arrive early to provide this information. For more information visit our COVID-19 Update page.
- In line with current directions from the Queensland Government from 1 May 2021 all patrons must now use the Check In QLD app when entering the venue. To make entry faster you can download the Check In QLD app and complete your details before your arrival. If you do not have a compatible smart device, our ambassadors will be on hand to check you in. You can find out more information about the Check in QLD app by clicking here. Note that all members of your party are required to check in with the Check In QLD app event though we recorded your contact details with your booking for this performance.
- When attending these events, you are strongly encouraged to wear a mask when you are not sitting in your allocated seat and it is not possible to physically distance. This could include entering or exiting the venue, leaving your seat to go to the bathroom or purchasing food or drinks.
- Terms and conditions of sale have recently changed, please familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions, available on our website, prior to purchasing your tickets.