To celebrate the anniversary of Urban Sketchers, a selection of works will be on display at Gatakers Creative Space.
Nestled on the banks of the mighty Mary River, Maryborough is a beautiful town, rich in history, industry and culture, the choice of stunning architecture and scenery is a feast for the eye and inspiring to those wanting a diverse urban landscape.
Meet: 9:30am at Gatakers Creative Space, 311 Kent Street Maryborough on Sunday 7 August, 2022. (A quick meet and greet, then disperse throughout the city streets.)
Regather: 11:30am outside Gatakers Artpsace Space. (A “throw down” of the morning's artwork followed by the opening of the pop up exhibition.)
Bring: Art supplies, hat, small seat, umbrella, etc.
All ages and skill levels welcome!
The Urban Sketchers mission is to raise the artistic, storytelling and educational value of on-location drawing, promoting its practice and connecting people around the world who draw on location where they live and travel.
"See the world, one building at a time".
Visit the Urban Sketchers Maryborough Qld Facebook group to find out more.
Urban Sketchers Manifesto
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Image: Customs Residence, by Joy Buttler
The Creative Space is open:
9.30am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday
9.30am to 2.00pm Weekends including public holidays